Engineering Talent Acquisition vs. Recruitment￼￼
Keri McCarthy | Business Lead | Talent Solutions
Talent Acquisition vs. Recruitment: What’s the Difference?
You need to hire an engineer. Who do you call? Well, it depends. If you are looking for a short-term fix, call a talent recruiter. If you want a long-term hire, contact a talent acquisition partner. Recruitment is about quickly filling positions while talent acquisition is a proactive, strategic approach to meeting human resource objectives. Both approaches can be used successfully, but a talent acquisition partner is more efficient in the long term.
What Is a Talent Acquisition Partner?
A talent acquisition partner cares about an organization’s success for the long haul. They make an investment in getting to know you, your culture, and your goals; they care about finding the best fit. They develop a hiring plan where people are viewed as a strategic investment. Relationships are built and strengthened during each stage of the employee life cycle— attracting, engaging, hiring, and retaining external candidates and advancing internal talent.
Benefits of Recruiting Engineering Talent with a Talent Acquisition Partner
Talent acquisition partners like DISHER help organizations that need to attract, vet, and hire top engineers who will be long-term contributors. The DISHER Talent Solutions team can help in several ways.
- Guaranteed top talent: The top three candidates on the market are hired 1.8X more often when you use a partner like DISHER. As an engineering firm, we understand technical recruiting. We do it every day and our standards are high. Our customers reap the benefit of over 100 DISHER engineers who help source, vet, hire, and sometimes train a variety of positions.
- Industry knowledge: DISHER’s experienced team has helped numerous companies within many industries hire hard-to-fill engineering roles. Clients have contacted us to do talent acquisition within the automotive, furniture, medical, consumer goods, mobility, industrial, pharma, agribusiness, alternative energy, and aerospace industries.
- Specialized skills: DISHER has access to thousands of engineering specialists with several levels of experience, degrees, and skill sets. We are constantly growing and updating our engineering database with vetted engineering talent for our partners.
- Great savings: When looking at the big picture of long-term retention, companies save an average of 25% per hire with DISHER verses traditional recruiters.
- Faster timelines: DISHER hires engineering and hard-to-fill technical positions in half of the time because it is our sweet spot. We love engineers; engineering is in our DNA.
- Ongoing talent acquisition: DISHER continues to grow its pool of top engineering candidates, ensuring more great engineers will be available the next time your business needs to recruit one, two, or an entire team.
Acquire Top Engineering Talent with DISHER
1. Hire Flexible Engineering Contractors
Contract the engineering specialist you need for as long as you need them. DISHER is prepared to augment your team from our deep pool of 100+ proven, experienced, highly educated engineers. Not only are they smart problem solvers, but they are honest, hardworking, and positive. You will enjoy having them on your team! DISHER engineers are flexible to work on site or remotely. We can scale up and down with your team in times of growth or attrition.
2. Work with an Engineering Team
More customers are coming to DISHER to contract an entire cross-functional team to either work under their leadership or to manage an entire project. Maybe you need an industrial designer, a mechanical engineer, a hardware designer, and two software designers. No problem! Finding a quality project team from a single source creates economies of scale and a seamless experience. DISHER brings diverse capabilities and multi-industry knowledge for remarkable outcomes.
3. Hire Engineers Internally
DISHER helps companies directly hire engineers onto their own internal teams. We are the best in the business when it comes to engineering talent acquisition. We can help you attract, vet, and hire engineering and technical positions with the right culture fit. We are in it for the long-term proactively helping you meet your long-term talent strategy.
More Hiring Solutions for Engineering Talent
DISHER offers other hiring solutions for companies struggling to find engineers or any hard-to-fill technical positions, such as:
- Talent consulting: We can help you attract and retain top engineering talent with the following services:
- Needs Assessments
- Long-term Talent Strategy Development
- Candidate Sourcing
- Compensation Analysis & Offer Management
- Employer Branding / Marketing
- Digital Recruitment Optimization
- Structured Interviewing & Interview Training
- Onboarding Process Development
Leadership and organizational development: DISHER offers engaging training, tools, and techniques to help organizations grow their engineers into leaders. We offer LEAD24/7 Focus which includes a variety of leader development classes as well as an extensive Supervisor Training curriculum.
Add Top Engineers to Your Team with DISHER
Please talk with us about your specific engineering needs. DISHER can also help you find candidates for other hard-to-fill technical positions. We will work to align the right talent for you and your team. +